Unfortunately long time no posts , been really busy lately and as you know it is year end for most of the clients here.
Any way I faced this case , and I searched for a solution , but what I found did not help me to be honest, I solved the case another way around, and here are the details:
The case started when Windows stuck and Dynamics GP was opened on General Ledger Windows while creating a General Journal with MDA, After restart the user tried to retrieve the Journal but an error massage appeared :
So the proposed solutions I found were the following :
- Article # (863850) in the knowledge base is talking about it but I saw it kinda hard (Maybe I am lazy )
- Clear the following table after all Dynamics GP users logged out:
- Dynamics –> (Activity , SY00800 and SY00801)
- Tempdb –> (Dex_Lock and Dex_Session)
- This solution did not solve my issue.
Solution 3 (This is what I did) :
I updated the missing required fields in GL10000 for that Journal and opened it from Dynamics then deleted it as a normal deletion.
I saw this easier and hope some one gets benefit from it
Until next post