Thursday, December 30, 2010

Journal Entry (number) has been entered in another window

 

Unfortunately long time no posts , been really busy lately and as you know it is year end for most of the clients here.

Any way I faced this case , and I searched for a solution , but what I found did not help me to be honest, I solved the case another way around, and here are the details:

The case started when Windows stuck and Dynamics GP was opened on General Ledger Windows while creating a General Journal with MDA, After restart the user tried to retrieve the Journal but an error massage appeared :

Capture

So the proposed solutions I found were the following :

Solution 1:

  • Article # (863850) in the knowledge base is talking about it but I saw it kinda hard (Maybe I am lazy Open-mouthed smile)

Solution 2:

  • Clear the following table after all Dynamics GP users logged out:
    • Dynamics –> (Activity , SY00800 and SY00801)
    • Tempdb –> (Dex_Lock and Dex_Session)
  • This solution did not solve my issue.

Solution 3 (This is what I did) :

I updated the missing required fields in GL10000 for that Journal and opened it from Dynamics then deleted it as a normal deletion.

I saw this easier and hope some one gets benefit from it

Until next post

4 comments:

  1. How to reconcile general ledger accounts. Click www.gofastek.com for more information.

    Cindy
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed. Very informative and trustworthy blog does exactly what it sets out to do. I’ll bookmark your weblog for future use.

    Pebbles
    www.joeydavila.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. spot on with this write-up, i like the way you discuss the things. i'm impressed, i must say. i'll probably be back again to read more. thanks for sharing this with us.

    Lee Shin
    www.trendone.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete